Looking for the full story

I put this photo of myself looking out to sea as that is how I am at this point. I'm just looking into this Big C thing after a week of wondering what it is all about after the recent phone call from my breast doctor that they had found something.   So, I had an MRI on Saturday afternoon, ordered by my doctor. That was a pretty strange experience as I had to lie down in a horizontal position with my breasts hanging down inside a giant machine that made very strange noises.
And that was for at least twenty minutes!
So I preoccupied myself with several things such as really saying The Lord's Prayer very slowly and several iterations of Psalm 23.  Since I originally learned this from a KJV Bible, I really enjoy the old English words and found them very reassuring.  Especially, the part about the rod and staff comforting me as I walketh through the valley of the shadow of death.
Then I found myself imagining myself at the beach for a while just to avoid the physical discomfort of the whole MRI experience.
At the end of all the clanking, banging, whirring thumping noises, I climbed down, very stiff from lying still for so long.  I asked the radiologist person if she could see anything but she said she 'wasn't allowed to tell me anything and that I would have to meet with my doctor.'  Shall I letteth my imagination go on that one... No!
That appointment is scheduled for later this week so I am a bit anxious about that as I have no clue what all the information means.  Of course, I've been googling things and reading some things but until I have the exact details I don't think I really will know what this is all about.  But with a mammogram from December, a biopsy from last week and an MRI this week, I'm expecting some clear answers about what my medical condition is about and what happens next.


Psalm 23 21st Century King James Version (KJ21)

23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul; He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bad News Day